Non Award Sector visa
This visa allows you to stay in Australia to study a full-time:
– Non-award foundation studies course
– Course or components of a course (other than ELICOS) that does not lead to an award.
Streamlined Visa Processing
Streamlined visa processing for this visa is designed for international students who want to study the following courses at a participating university or non-university higher education provider in Australia: student exchange program (semester or year) or study abroad program (semester or year).
You might be able to get this visa if you are enrolled as a student in a registered course that does not lead to an award.
About this visa:
This visa is designed for international students who want to study the following courses in Australia:
– A non-award foundation studies course
– Other full-time course (or components of a course) that does not lead to an Australian award.
Exception: If you are studying a non-award course as a pre-requisite to another course, you must apply for the visa appropriate for your main course of study. If you are studying several courses, the main course is the higher level course.
Example: If you plan to complete a three-month non-award foundation studies course before starting a Bachelor of Arts degree, you must apply for the Higher Education Sector visa.
Who is this visa for?
This visa is for you if you want to do one of the following:
– Apply for your first student visa
– Apply for subsequent student visa
– Apply to join a family member who is in Australia on a student visa.
If you are applying in Australia for this visa, you must either be the current holder of a qualifying visa or have held a certain visa no more than 28 days prior to lodging your application.
How much will this via cost?
There is an application charge for this visa. We do not usually refund the visa application charge, even if the visa application is refused or withdrawn.
What does this visa let me do?
With this visa:
– You can study in Australia
– Eligible dependant family members can accompany you to Australia
– When you have commenced your course of study in Australia, you can work up to 40 hours per fortnight while your course is in session and unlimited hours during scheduled course breaks.
– Your family members can work up to 40 hours per fortnight provided you have commenced your course of study in Australia.
Note: If you have been granted Student visa before 26 April 2008 you and your dependent family members may need to apply separately for Permission to Work.
Your partner can study in Australia for up to three months.
Note: If your partner wants to study for more than three months they must apply for their own student visa. The application can be made in Australia.